Welcome to Green!

A site for Happiness

Tuesday 17 February 2015

CLEANER FINDS AND RETURNS MISSING #12M AT THE AIRPORT!

Josephine Agwu who works as a cleaner at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, returned the money to the security unit of the airport.
Daily Newswatch reported that the money was left last month in a bag by a passenger simply identified as Samuel from Anambra State.
Explaining why she returned the money, Josephine said that she acted on instruction given that any bag left unattended to at the airport terminal must be picked and deposited with aviation security department of the airport.
According to her, after asking other passengers if the bag belonged to anyone of them and they all responded contrary, she picked the bag and took it to the security unit, where it was opened and found to contain $27,000 and other currencies, including naira, which added up to N12 million.
When asked if she regretted her action when she realised that she could have bettered her future with it, Josephine who claimed she has a very rich Christian background, said: “If I have taken what doesn’t belong to me, God will punish me. I am contented with my N7,800 monthly salary. It was not my money. I believe when it pleases God, he will bless the work of my hands and he will make me rich.
“This is not the first time I am doing this. This is the third time in this airport. The first was in the departure area. It belonged to a Nigerian. The second was at the screening point, it belonged to a white man. Of all, only the white man rewarded me with $50, which I rejected until my colleagues prevailed on me to collect it,” said the Ordinary National Diploma (Accounting) holder.
She also said she had worked with many airlines as a casual worker in Enugu, with track record of honesty, without anyone of them offering her full employment before she moved down to Lagos to seek greener pasture but however, got a job at the airport as a cleaner.
The Airport Manager, MMIA, Lagos, Nathaniel Auta and Chief Security Officer (CSO) of the airport, Colonel Carl Onalo (retired) separately confirmed the incidence.
Onalo said management of the airport and possibly that of Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) would do everything possible to celebrate Josephine for her honesty at the airport, as he used the opportunity to call on passengers and other users of the airport to have the assurance that whatever they bring to the airport is safe.There are now strong indications that Josephine may soon be rewarded by Aviation Minister Osita Chidoka who in conjunction with ICPC, promised that anyone found to be of good conduct would be highly rewarded. Chidoka had vowed too that those caught contravening the anti- corruption regulations in the airports, would be made to face the full wrath of the law.

I strongly believe that you can be successful without being corrupt!

No comments:

Post a Comment