Welcome to Green!

A site for Happiness

Friday 8 July 2022

One of those Moments!

 

                                                                   

My first son was so elated about getting a prize for winning the second position in a spelling bee competition in his class. I went to pick him and his brother at school and he was screaming his victory at the top of his voice to me. I was proud to be his dad at that moment.

On our way back, the following conversation ensued

Me: So who won the first position?

Son: David

Me: How many words did you spell wrongly?

Son: One

Me: So what word did you spell wrongly?

Son: Correspondence

Me: Spell it and let me help you with spelling it right

Son: C-u

Me: (cuts in) C-O

Son: No Dad, that's not how to spell it

(me in my head thinking if you were so sure, how come you missed it)

Me: (cuts in) C-O-R-R-E-S-P-O-N-D-E-N-C-E

Son: Thank you Dad.

Me: You are welcome.

Children love to be celebrated when they achieve a feat, no matter how small it may seem, a Father has a duty to build their self-confidence by joining them in celebrating their wins. As they grow, they become excellence-oriented as a result of the mindset of striving to be exceptional at whatever they do.






No comments:

Post a Comment